Technical Product Manager
Santa Barbara, California
Wyatt Technology is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our team. Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing, this position shall be responsible for overall health and development of the Wyatt product lines. The product owner shall gather requirements from the field to guide the development of new product development and ensure field sales teams have high quality, robust products that can be delivered at the lowest cost in a timely manner to the market.
- Assume responsibility for overall health of Wyatt products
- Analyze key business reports and prepare a dashboard with KPIs indicating overall health of Wyatt active lifecycle products and ongoing Wyatt projects
- Identify systematic issues affecting Wyatt product line health and potential risks which could impact Wyatt projects and provide recommendations to make measurable improvements.
- Work closely with R&D and Manufacturing Teams and External Partners to execute continuous improvement initiatives in order to support improvements in KPIs
- Identify and resolve key customer issues
- Work closely with the Customer Service team to resolve customer issues with minimal delay
- Track metrics related to customer satisfaction, in conjunction with Customer Service, in order to identify systematic issues that need to be resolved
- Deliver sustainable tools to customers and field sales teams that can be used to improve customer satisfaction- specifically related to product training
- Guide projects through New Product Development process
- Support VP of Sales and Marketing to guide New Product Development Initiative projects through Product Lifecycle and become the Wyatt Product Lifecycle champion working with a cross functional R&D team through all milestones from ideation to retirement
- Work with other Product Managers, customers, and field teams to gather requirements and define use cases for new projects
- Work closely with R&D team to initiate and guide early stage projects
- Use best practices and customer voice to inspire colleague and work across a matrix organization (Hardware R&D, Software R&D, Operations, Manufacturing, Service, Marketing, Sales) while leveraging the PLC process fully
- Test new products and collaborate closely with hardware and software test team.
- Work closely with New Product Development team to ensure a seamless transfer to manufacturing of new products prior to launch
- Work closely with product marketing team to ensure Wyatt product launches are best in class and result in growth targets being met over the lifecycle of the product
- Work closely with product management team to ensure product infancy issues are dealt with quickly and systematically with minimal impact to customers
- Take ownership of product discontinuation and obsolesce activities
- Guide sustaining engineering projects for active lifecycle products through implementation
- Change management
- Oversee, manage, and prioritize engineering changes which impact the Wyatt product lines
- Demo unit management
- Oversee and manage demo inventory and ensure field teams are equipped with high quality equipment and accessories that effectively support application feasibility studies.
- Strategic Plan Development
- Support VP of Sales and Marketing in development of strategic plan to support growth objectives for the business
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technical field, preferably Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Proven track record of successful product management
- Creative thinker with the ability to view a problem from multiple perspectives
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to rapidly iterate on ideas through incremental tests and analyses focused on driving business impact
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies and by government and academic institutions. Visit our website at www.wyatt.com to learn more about the science and our products.
Working at Wyatt Technology means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our analytical technology provide scientists in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries with the information they need to deliver life-changing products. Wyatt Technology develops, manufactures, sells, and services instruments that modernize R&D, analytical sciences, bioformulations, and biopharma manufacturing.
Wyatt Technology offers a complete benefit package including company paid health, dental and life insurance, holidays, combined vacation and sick leave program, disability insurance and gym membership. Employees also enjoy a generous 401(k) plan as well as a quarterly bonus program.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.