Scientific Support Specialist I
Location: headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA
Do you have a passion for science and engineering? Do you want to apply this to helping other scientists advance their research using analytical instrumentation from the world’s leading light scattering instrument company?
Wyatt Technology is looking for a Scientific Support Specialist I to join our Customer Service and Support team in its mission of delighting our customers and ensuring customer success. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who loves science and technology, excels at problem solving, and can be a strong team player delivering solutions to customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop technical mastery of Wyatt products and serve as the first point of contact, answering customer questions via phone and email, and ensuring our customers’ success.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware inquiries and problems and work with our application scientists and engineering teams to provide solutions.
- Manage the return of customer instruments for service, updating customers on progress while working with our Quality Control and Service teams to ensure all customer concerns are addressed.
- Assist customers with basic data processing and analysis and provide remote training when needed.
- Make recommendations to customers on best practices for instrument use and maintenance to improve usability, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Instruct customers in our Light Scattering University (LSU) in-house training in our software and lab workshops.
- Provide product improvement suggestions based on experience with customers and representatives, ensuring superior customer experience.
- Contribute to creating and updating videos and technical documentation for our Support Center, to instruct our representatives on service procedures and to allow customer self-help and success.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- B.S. or B.A. degree; a science or engineering degree (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, or Materials Science) is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and remain detail-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Experience in a customer service role is a plus.
- A rewarding, diverse job in a supportive team environment working with scientist customers.
- A complete benefit package including company paid health, dental/vision and life insurance, holidays, combined vacation and sick leave program, disability insurance and gym memberships. We also offer a generous 401(k) pension plan as well as a quarterly bonus program. We’re dog-friendly, too.
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies and by government and academic institutions. Visit our website at www.wyatt.com to learn more about the science and our products.