Senior Software Engineer
Location: Option to work at headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA or Remote Anywhere in the U.S.
Wyatt Technology is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our software team. Our development team is small, brilliant, talented, and passionate. We expect every member to make a significant contribution. The Senior Software Engineer’s primary purpose is to participate in the full software lifecycle process to develop software products. This includes requirements analysis, design, code writing, testing, distribution, and documentation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze user requirements to create software requirements.
- Take requirements and design specifications and write software source code to satisfy them.
- Perform and document unit and integration testing for implemented source code.
- Assist in developing full test specifications for software products.
- Assist in building software distributions.
- Assist in software documentation including interface guidelines and user manuals.
- Use software configuration management tools for issue tracking, source code control, documentation, and work flow management.
- Perform code review for other software engineers.
- Participate in software team meetings.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5-12 years of related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another analytical domain preferred.
- Experience in functional programming paradigms with languages such as F# or Haskell highly desirable.
- Expert in software design, and the software lifecycle process.
- Able to review code from other software engineers to company standards.
- Skilled in implementing and documenting all aspects of software testing, including unit, integration, and stress testing.
- Skilled in building software distributions.
- Proficient in English for oral and written communication, including understanding technical documentation.
- Demonstrated technical leadership capabilities – ability to lead through influence.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities – Agile expertise preferred.
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by leading chemical, pharmaceutical, government, academic, and biotechnology companies. Visit our website at www.wyatt.com to learn more about the science and our products.
Wyatt Technology offers a complete benefit package including company paid health, dental and life insurance, holidays, combined vacation and sick leave program, disability insurance and gym membership. Employees also enjoy a generous 401(k) plan as well as a quarterly bonus program.