Santa Barbara, California
Wyatt Technology is looking for a Product Manager to join our team. Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing, this position will be responsible for product marketing activities of the Wyatt product lines. This will include developing, and executing the roadmap and strategy for all hardware and software product lines, delivering high quality sales and marketing tools to the field, guiding projects through the New Product Development and Introduction Product Lifecycle Management processes, coordinating sustaining engineering efforts, supporting manufacturing operations and ensuring that each product is contributing to the profitable growth of the Wyatt business.
Product Strategy and Roadmap
- Work closely with the VP of Sales and Marketing to define a cohesive hardware and software product strategy that will result in sustainable and profitable growth for the product line
- Develop a product roadmap that supports the strategic plan guided by input from customers and field sales representatives that is supported by detailed market analysis
- Support Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) strategy by scanning market opportunities and providing market analysis for identified targets
- Assume responsibility for overall health of Wyatt product lines as defined by Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the strategic plan
- Guide sustaining engineering projects for active lifecycle products from ideation to implementation
- Support manufacturing operations to ensure timely delivery of quality products
- Support customers, field sales and field service to ensure the value proposition and products are delivered consistently
Product Lifecycle Management
- Assume ownership of the Product Lifecycle Management process for hardware and software product lines through all milestones from ideation to retirement
- Guide projects through New Product Development and Introduction process, resulting in the delivery of innovative new products to the market
- Use best practices to work across a matrix organization (Hardware R&D, Software R&D, Operations, Manufacturing, Service, Marketing, Sales) while leveraging the Product Lifecycle process fully
Product Marketing and Management
- Support the development of best in class sales tools and marketing campaigns for new product launches
- Support high value customer visits to generate a firm understanding of customer challenges and needs
- Ensure strong "voice of the customer" and emerging technology considerations when developing market requirement specifications
- Align new market opportunities in existing and adjacent market segments with the product roadmap priorities
- Objectively evaluate current and emerging competitors and competing technologies and provide sales organizations with tools to effectively combat competition
- Monitor business performance of individual product lines on a monthly basis and work closely with the Wyatt team to ensure consistent profitable growth across the portfolio
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technical field, preferably Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Proven track record of successful product management
- Creative thinker with the ability to view a problem from multiple perspectives
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to rapidly iterate on ideas through incremental tests and analyses focused on driving business impact
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies and by government and academic institutions. Visit our website at www.wyatt.com to learn more about the science and our products.
Working at Wyatt Technology means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our analytical technology provide scientists in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries with the information they need to deliver life-changing products. Wyatt Technology develops, manufactures, sells, and services instruments that modernize R&D, analytical sciences, bioformulations, and biopharma manufacturing.
Wyatt Technology offers a complete benefit package including company paid health, dental and life insurance, holidays, combined vacation and sick leave program, disability insurance and gym membership. Employees also enjoy a generous 401(k) plan as well as a quarterly bonus program.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.