Santa Barbara, California
What we are looking for
We are looking for an R&D Associate to join our Research and Development team at Wyatt Technology, providing research, design, and development of solutions and systems alongside a team which includes electrical, mechanical, and software engineers, physicists, and chemists. You will be embedded within the larger R&D group at Wyatt, and mentored as needed by experienced instrument designers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform research and development in support of analytical instrument products.
- Run experiments to test R&D prototypes which include preparing samples/solvents, collecting data and performing analysis.
- Prepare test reports using statistical techniques and graphs to characterize performance, repeatability, accuracy, and manufacturability of prototypes and production instruments.
- Assist manufacturing in troubleshooting products, tools, and procedures
- Assist with user training and support for recently released products
- Assist in generating data, graphs, and text for manuals and marketing documents
- Prepare documentation associated with Document (Design) Change Orders
- Assist with intellectual property protection for company innovations
- Assist Customer Service in troubleshooting and resolving customer challenges
Requirement and Qualifications:
- B.S. or B.A. degree; a science or engineering degree (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or Materials Science) strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and remain detail-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to identify opportunities for improvements.
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in the development and commercialization of light scattering instruments. Wyatt instruments are used in the development of life changing pharmaceuticals, Nobel Prize winning research, development and QC release of vaccine products, nanoparticle characterization, organic polymer studies, and much, much more. We make a difference in the world.
A few of the perks
You will be working alongside a great team of engineers, chemists, physicists, and researchers on tools with a direct and positive impact in the world. You also get:
- A competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, long/short term disability, 401k, life insurance, and added employee incentive program.
- The ability to work on scientific instruments which are workhorses in the lab
- The ability to work on scientific instruments which are at the cutting (sometimes the bleeding) edge of what is possible.
- The trust and freedom to build amazing things, without an army of corporate overlords dictating technology choices.
- The convenience, weather, and lifestyle of Santa Barbara, CA.
And in case you didn’t know …
We make the best light scattering instruments anywhere.
We are consistently rated one of the best places to work for scientists and researchers.
We are a dog-friendly work place.