Product Services Manager
Wyatt Technology seeks to add a key member to its sales team. This position is based in our corporate headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA. The Product Services Manager is responsible for directly selling Wyatt Technology product services. This individual is held accountable for reaching business targets associated with the sale of instrument and software service plans, consumables and related solutions through direct selling, channel partners and e-commerce. The Product Services Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong rapport and relationship with both existing and potential customers. This individual is expected to develop new and innovative ways to deliver product services solutions that enhance the customer experience and satisfaction, while driving additional sales growth. The Product Services Manager will manage the Inside Sales Team which is responsible for impacting product sales growth by providing comprehensive sales support that enables our direct sales teams and partners to sell more, increase productivity and focus on driving new opportunities.
- Create and maintain a sales plan with strategies and tactics to achieve business objectives.
- Meet and exceed annual product services sales goals.
- Develop new and innovative ways to delivery product services solutions to customers.
- Qualify opportunities involving multiple key decision makers, prospecting skills and ability to develop new business.
- Lead and manage the inside sales team to perform to their utmost ability by leveraging our Customer Resource Management (CRM) system.
- Develop and maintain superb relations with customers and potential customers.
- Execute sales strategies and plans to expand opportunities.
- Prepare quotations and help to qualify sales opportunities for our Field Sales force.
- Generate and maintain accurate metrics, reporting records and files necessary to insure proper management of the department.
- Serve as a role model by teaching sales skills to the rest of the team. Lead and motivate by example. Educate and provide mentorship and training in all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Monitor and track inside sales representative’s individual performance, strengths and areas of opportunity. Provide feedback and coaching for team and individual developmental opportunities.
- Build rapport in person with active customers visiting Wyatt’s office during training classes and demonstrations.
- Complete Requests for Proposals and tenders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Optimize the use of our CRM system.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field, preferably Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Three (3) years of hands-on experience with light scattering, HPLC or related analytical instruments.
- Minimum five (5) years of direct work experience in a sales or product services capacity in the analytical instrumentation market.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing an inside or outside sales team.
- Strong experience in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers, prospecting skills and ability to develop new business.
- Experience selling services and after-sales solutions involving instrument and software service plans and consumables.
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical and polymer characterization techniques.
- Experience with e-commerce and driving sales through secondary channels.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, advanced computer skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds unassisted.
We’re the world leader in the development and commercialization of instruments for macromolecular and nanoparticle characterization. Our products are used in the development of life-saving vaccines and therapeutic products in the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We make a difference in the world for good.
A few of the perks
You will be working in a family-owned and operated business with a great team of engineers, chemists, physicists, and researchers on tools that have a direct and positive impact in the world. You’ll also receive:
- A competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental and vision, long and short term disability, 401k, life insurance, 3+ weeks of PTO and a profit-sharing incentive program.
- The ability to work on scientific instruments which are at the cutting (sometimes the bleeding) edge of what is possible.
- The trust and freedom to build amazing things, without an army of corporate overlords dictating technology choices.
- The convenience, weather, and lifestyle of Santa Barbara, CA.
And in case you didn’t know …
We make the best light scattering instruments anywhere.
We are consistently rated one of the best places to work for scientists.
We are dog-friendly.