Application Scientist– Customer Support
Do you have a passion for science and engineering? Do you want to apply this passion to helping other scientists? Do you want to learn and advance within the world’s leading light scattering instrument company? Do you genuinely enjoy helping others?
Wyatt Technology is on the lookout for an Application Scientist to join our customer service team. As an Application Scientist you’ll be part of a team whose mission is to delight our customers and ensure customer success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Train our customers on how to apply and operate our instruments via email, screen sharing, virtual meetings, or when travel permits, at our in-house training programs as well as on-site visits.
- Perform installations virtually and at customer locations throughout the United States to back up the field team when needed.
- Contribute to creating and editing our training materials, technical notes, and manuals to keep up with new product offerings and techniques and enable customer success.
- Learn customers’ needs and applications to create customer success stories where our instruments are used to their full capacity.
- Support R&D activities and product development by providing feedback as the voice of the customer.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- MS or PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science/Engineering or related field.
- Hands-on experience with macromolecule or nanoparticle characterization techniques (especially optical or HPLC), instrumentation and software; experience with light scattering detectors is highly desirable. Experience with Wyatt Technology’s instruments would be ideal!
- Analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong self-motivation, scrupulous attention to detail, high-quality written and oral communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer-centric focus.
- Flexibility to travel, as needed, to customer locations.
- A rewarding, diverse job in a supportive team environment working with scientist customers.
- A complete benefit package including company paid health, dental and life insurance, holidays, combined vacation and sick leave program, disability insurance and gym memberships. We also offer a generous 401(k) pension plan as well as a quarterly bonus program. We’re dog-friendly, too.
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies and by government and academic institutions.