Santa Barbara, California
What we are looking for
Wyatt Technology is looking for a Quality Engineer to work under the general supervision of our Director of Quality to assist our quality team in improving product and process excellence and implementing practices defined in the Quality Management System. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter that skillfully prioritizes and juggles multiple demands with sound judgement and attention to detail.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Create/update procedures as necessary to support the Quality Management System.
- Conduct quality audits as assigned to verify compliance with ISO-9001 requirements.
- Maintain liaison with manufacturing, engineering, service, and purchasing to resolve quality issues.
- Active member of the Material Review Board; disposition discrepant materials.
- Perform root cause analysis of product or component defects.
- Recommend changes to part/assembly specifications when indicated.
- Corrective Action Administrator: assign owners to action items and generate periodic status report.
- Perform First Article Inspections and work with suppliers to correct problems/deficiencies.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- 3+ years in a quality role
- Practical experience with ISO-9001 quality systems in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of general office procedures, as well as, familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Office, CRM, and Sage
- Understanding of laser technology and electro-mechanical systems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in the development and commercialization of light scattering instruments. Wyatt instruments are used in the development of life changing pharmaceuticals, Nobel Prize winning research, development and QC release of vaccine products, nanoparticle characterization, organic polymer studies, and much, much more. We make a difference in the world.
A few of the perks
You will be working alongside a great team of engineers, chemists, physicists, and researchers on tools with a direct and positive impact in the world. You also get:
- A competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, long/short term disability, 401k, life insurance, and added employee incentive program.
- The ability to work on scientific instruments which are workhorses in the lab
- The ability to work on scientific instruments which are at the cutting (sometimes the bleeding) edge of what is possible.
- The trust and freedom to build amazing things, without an army of corporate overlords dictating technology choices.
- The convenience, weather, and lifestyle of Santa Barbara, CA.