Location: headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA
Wyatt Technology is looking for a Controller who thrives in a fast-paced organization. You are a strong, people centric leader who inspires and influences your team to achieve greatness. You are looking for a rewarding role where you can make an impact.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all general and cost accounting functions and financial operations in compliance with US GAAP while ensuring all required transactions are recorded in the monthly results and appropriately distribute the monthly financial statements to the Management Team
- Management Reporting Package (Monthly and Annual) of Domestic, International and Consolidated financial statements with KPIs
- Treasury and Cash Management – Manage all bank accounts and ledgers to ensure daily deposits, transfers, checks/wires, and reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- ERP Accounting System – Review the accounting system for accuracy; implement upgrades
- Process Improvement – Identify areas for improvement in financial account applications and operational procedures; provide value-add solutions both orally and in writing to management
- Manage and oversight of AP/AR including supervisory responsibilities for the team
- Oversee departmental employee training and identifies training needs
- Collaborate with external auditors to provide information needed for the annual audit
- Provide support to CFO as requested.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years in manufacturing industry
- Experience with ERP systems upgrades or implementation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Strong communication skills delivering financial results and information, both orally and written
- Strong work ethic and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Experience working for a division of a publicly traded company preferred.
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies and by government and academic institutions.
Wyatt Technology offers a complete benefits package including company paid health, dental and life insurance, holidays, combined vacation and sick leave program and long-term disability insurance. Employees also enjoy a generous 401(k) plan as well as a quarterly bonus program.