Software Support Specialist
Location: Option to work at headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA or Remote Anywhere in the U.S.
Do you have a passion for software and technology? Do you want to apply this to helping other scientists advance their research using analytical instrumentation software from the world’s leading light scattering instrument company?
Wyatt Technology is looking for a Software Support Specialist to join our Customer Service and Support team in its mission of delighting our customers and ensuring customer success. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who loves science and technology, excels at problem solving, and can be a strong team player delivering solutions to customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop technical mastery of Wyatt software products and serve as a resource to other team members
- Perform software installation, qualification, and training remotely (primarily) or onsite at customer facilities
- Contribute to creating and updating software video and online tutorials, user guides, and technical notes to enable customer self-help and success
- Provide software support to customers and help prioritize software bugs and features.
- Become an expert on our customers’ Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements for our software, including creating and updating software installation and operation qualification procedures
- Train our representatives around the world on our GMP software products and procedures
- Collaborate and build effective relationships with the field team and software team and serve as the voice of the customer for product improvements
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a science, math, computer or engineering discipline.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft Office products
- Experience working in a technical or customer support function. Experience with GMP procedures, SQL Server/SQL, and programming skills is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to identify opportunities for improvements
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cooperative team environment and focus on objectives with minimal direct supervision
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% to customer sites for to support our products when needed
- Possess a strong desire to delight the customer
- A rewarding, diverse job in a supportive team environment working with scientist customers.
- A complete benefit package including company paid health, dental/vision and life insurance, holidays, combined vacation and sick leave program, disability insurance and gym memberships. We also offer a generous 401(k) pension plan as well as a quarterly bonus program. We’re dog-friendly, too.
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies and by government and academic institutions. Visit our website at www.wyatt.com
to learn more about the science and our products.
Working at Wyatt Technology
Working at Wyatt Technology means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our analytical technology provide scientists in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries with the information they need to deliver life-changing products. Wyatt Technology develops, manufactures, sells, and services instruments that modernize R&D, analytical sciences, bioformulations, and biopharma manufacturing.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.