Inside Technical Sales Engineer
Location: Headquarters in Santa Barbara, California
The Technical Sales and Marketing department of Wyatt Technology needs a self-motivated, ambitious team player to fill our Inside Technical Sales Engineer role at our Santa Barbara, CA facility. We are looking for people who love science and technology, excel at building dynamic relationships with people, and are interested in expanding their commercial and business skills. Ideal candidates are problem solvers with a strong chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, chemical or bio engineering, background who will accept challenges, ask questions, research, and engage our customers. This position will be responsible for managing the technical business development, sales activities, and nurturing leads that convert to sales opportunities. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Build rapport with prospective scientists on the phone, online chat, and via email. Provide technical information and explanations for the complete Wyatt product and application offerings.
- Develop technical proficiency with all Wyatt products and core applications
- Develop leads by researching new companies, scientists, and their scientific applications based on specific targeted industry, segment, and application criteria
- Execute Inside Technical Sales campaigns to contacts who have already expressed interest in Wyatt products and then provide immediate visibility for all leads to the field based Technical Sales teams
- Support and execute various product and application campaign initiatives to increase the number and quality of leads passed to the field. Track the success using CRM database.
- Manage all aspects of lead nurturing program. Coordinating cross functional input from database, eMarketing, Product Marketing, and Sales to ensure the correct target lists, content marketing, and communication script/email are applied.
- Oversee lead triage, prioritization and allocation process
- Pass all leads to the field on a timely basis.
- Write telesales scripts and customer facing emails and reviewing them with appropriate product and sales management
- Support, communicate, and build effective relationships with the technical field sales team. Collaborate with Regional and Account Managers and agree on the communication with suspects, prospects, and customers.
- Prepare quotations and help qualify sales opportunities
- Independently make decisions as well as utilize available resources to meet customer needs
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business
- Create quarterly metrics to track contract business status progress
- Attend trade shows when requested
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher), preferably in Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, or related sciences
- Consultative selling knowledge and experience, a plus
- Proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft Office products
- Preferred qualification experience with a CRM database as well as online tools e.g (LinkedIn)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, time management and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cooperative team environment and focus on objectives with minimal direct supervision
- Open and effective communication style, strong people skills and the ability to interact with individuals that work with high-value technology-based products and solutions
- Analytical, assertiveness, creativity and effective problem solving skills
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% to support business development and participate in trade shows, conferences and technical user forums
- Possess a strong desire to delight the customer
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies and by government and academic institutions. Visit our website at www.wyatt.com to learn more about the science and our products.
Working at Wyatt Technology
Working at Wyatt Technology means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our analytical technology provide scientists in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries with the information they need to deliver life-changing products. Wyatt Technology develops, manufactures, sells, and services instruments that modernize R&D, analytical sciences, bioformulations, and biopharma manufacturing.
This position carries a sales team quota and is eligible for outstanding commissions tied directly to performance goals. Wyatt Technology offers a complete benefits package including company paid health, dental/vision and life insurance, holidays, paid vacation and sick leave program. Employees also enjoy a generous 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.